Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Farewell Scrubs


Well, tonight was the series finale of Scrubs. This is easily my favorite show of all-time, so I'm quite sad to see it go. The hour-long finale started off like your typical Scrubs episode, but the last 15 minutes are an absolutely perfect blend of what made the show so great. Scrubs' greatest strength has always been its ability to get you smiling, crying, and laughing all at the same time, and aside from Ben's funeral, no scene can really compare to this ending.

I've been working on a tribute video to commemorate Scrubs, and you can find it on my YouTube channel shortly (http://www.youtube.com/user/blue1231). If you're a Scrubs fan like I am and haven't discovered my channel yet, it's well worth a look and is quite popular actually.

Ok, enough promoting. The 8th season of Scrubs really built up to this episode, and it does feel like the right time to end. I'm sad it's over, but happy with what it gave us over the last 8 years. It's weird thinking that there's nothing new to look forward to. I know there have been rumors of a 9th season, but even producer Bill Lawrence has said that whatever happens, Scrubs ended with this finale, and anything new will be something different, though possibly with some familiar faces. Scrubs will never be forgotten, and it's episodes have endless rerun value. It may be over, but it'll always be with us. 

I'll leave you with the show's final scene...

No comments: