Thursday, July 09, 2009

Movie Rewind: Thunderpants (2002) & Driving Lessons (2006)

Cast: Rupert Grint (aka Ron Weasley), Bruce Cook, Paul Giamatti, Stephen Fry, Josh Herdman (aka Goyle), Anna Popplewell (aka Susan Pevensie)

Summary: Ron Weasley, who goes by Alan in this film, is a crazy-smart 11-year-old boy who befriends Patrick Smash, a classmate with extreme flatulence. This doesn't bother Ron because he's lost his sense of smell, but he does set out to invent a solution for Patrick- Thunderpants. He also builds a hovercraft that runs on Patrick's gas, and the two of them struggle dealing with the school bully Goyle, who goes by Damon in this film. Patrick dreams of going into space, so Ron sets out to help him fulfill the dream. Susan Pevencie, who goes by Denise Smash in this film, makes a small appearance before making her trek to Narnia later in life. It's a shame Ron didnt meet her, because that could have led to a wonderful fantasy crossover.

Verdict: This film was God awful, but so terrible that it was funny, mainly because it was Ron Weasley. Very young kids and Potterholics may enjoy this, but otherwise you should keep very far away.


Cast: Rupert Grint (aka Ron Weasley), Julie Walters (aka Mrs. Weasley), Laura Linney

Summary: Ron Weasley, who goes by Ben in this film, sucks at driving, and then goes and works for some old lady named Evie, who's actually Mrs. Weasley in disguise. They become good friends, but then Ron bangs some random chick and Mrs. Weasley gets angry. Oh, Ron even had a stick that he pretended was a wand, and then his mom was cheating on his dad and then she got hit by a car driven by an old man cross-dressing as a lady. Ron and Mrs. Weasley rekindled their friendship.

Verdict: All Ron Weasley jokes aside, this was a decent film. The story was solid, and the acting was passable. Grint shows that he may be able to transition himself into other films after Harry Potter is done.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at jbthemovieguy.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Daniel

Unknown said...

Nice one! Looks like these are movies to rent from flick. Thanks for sharing this review. Timely too because I am currently having my driving lessons. Lolz.

Driving Lessons

Anonymous said...

I've had my iPad in support of everywhere 2 months moment and I'm letting the cat out of the bag you, Steve jobs certainly has his technique of converting people to be a Mac/Apple fan. I own the iPad without 3G because I didn't hankering to arrange to pay in behalf of a mod specialty in order to get the micro SIM card. So I've kinda lawful lived with my iPad purely where there's wifi connection. Which are aplenty anyway at Starbucks, Mcdonalds, and the libraries. This was previous to my chum introduced me to a superb way around this stew -- a 3G wifi router AP that supports GPRS, GSM, WCDMA, HSUPA, HSDPA, UMT and PERIPHERY!

I purchased the [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-16971-Huawei+E5830+3G+WiFi+Router+AP+%28WCDMAHSUPAHSDPAUMTEDGEGPRSGSM%29.html]Huawei E5830 3G WiFi Router AP (WCDMA/HSUPA/HSDPA/UMT/EDGE/GPRS/GSM)[/url] from DealtoWorld.com, in the Networking group, under the control of my familiar's recommendation, and I suppose he gets points or commission from my grasp, since he's a DealtoWorld.com affiliate. The router AP is decidedly portable, lightweight and convenient. So these days I can weld to wifi anywhere with mp iPad! I no longer sine qua non to pry into on a trip and coarse pro a wifi AP at cafes etc. Nor put in so much of my shekels on caffeine overdose at Starbucks and other cafes. Too, the 3G Wifi Router AP supports graceful much all the bandwidths -- GPRS,GSM,WCDMA,HSUPA,HSDPA,UMT,EDGE. Accept a look at pictures I've uploaded of the Huawei 3G WiFi router that has made my effervescence so much easier, and is promoting a healthier caffeine-free lifestyle. It proves that a geek lifestyle does not not force to undertake manual labourer in hand with coffee.




And to reflect on I was making allowance for paying leftover to upgrade to the iPad that supports 3G! I'm so glad that that's not necessary anymore with this 3G wifi router AP. I can righteous weld to the internet wherever I am with the Huawei 3G Wifi Router, as extensive as there is signal. This is not a technology creation per se, but it has certainly made my flair far more thrifty! Further, I'm able to save my spondulix that I would mostly throw away on Starbucks, McCafe, and other cafes with wifi! Which, through the conduct, makes me query whether it's a ploy through Steve Jobs, to prepare launched the 3G iPad interpretation no greater than much later, so that wifi cafes can delight in plenty of business from iPad wifi version. But I digress.

The 3G WiFi router AP I bought from [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] would unquestionably also be skilled to authorize to me download and against about with my apps on my iTouch, supposing I haven't tried it yet. Shouldn't be a problem I should think. This $100+ may be the crush money I've spurt since it enables me to have a breed of WiFi nucleus wherever I am. If I was more entrepreneurial, I can composed start charging other geeks at cafes without WiFi representing sacrifice access to them. I'm steady I can without doubt earn back the $100 this progressing! Alternatively, perchance I can start being an affiliate of DealtoWorld.com too, since I'm starting to buy more gadgets and tools there, and take been spreading brief conversation finish gather to my family and friends. Into the bargain, Christmas is coming in less than 2 months' time, and I recollect this Huawei 3G WiFi router would present a awesome grant as a replacement for diverse of my tech geek friends. I'm sure they'll also rise how trim and chilliness the router looks!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at jbthemovieguy.blogspot.com.

May I use some of the information from your blog post right above if I give a link back to this website?

Thanks,
Peter

Anonymous said...

Bud, wtf =D

Fondest Regards,
Anna

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at jbthemovieguy.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Thanks,
Daniel